Friday, September 18, 2009

Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale


















































Anheuser-Busch
Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale
Missouri, USA
9/17/2009, on tap at Bill Batemans Bistro, 5.5 abv

Smell

It was difficult, but I finally got a faint whiff of pumpkin spice.

Appearance

Orangish copper with a small off-white heat.

Taste

Once it warmed up a bit, I got some faint nutmeg and cinnamon flavor, but no pumpkin. Overall, it was thin, watery and somewhat flat. Nothing bad or offensive, just boring.

Comments

I think the problem here is the beer is not very good to begin with and there is not enough pumpkin spice. If you are going to do something, DO IT! This was a weak attempt. There have to be better pumpkin spice beers out there.

Rating










1 comment:

  1. Bob, I reviewed this beer last year and I also gave it a 1 1/2 star rating! Lame stuff!

    http://thebrewclub.com/2008/11/24/beer-review-jacks-pumpkin-spice-ale-by-michelob/

    Of the ones I've tried, the Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale is by far the best, although I'm hearing good things about Southern Tier's PumKing and Shipyard's Smashed Pumpkin. Haven't been able to find those two yet. :-(

    ReplyDelete