Monday, September 28, 2009

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA


















































Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
60 Minute IPA
Milton, Delaware
9/4/2009, on tap at Frisco Grille, 6.0 abv

Smell

Big aroma with the usual citrus, pine and hops.

Appearance

Golden amber with a small head.

Taste

Big and hoppy, but there was not as much of the fruit or citrus as I had initially smelled and I have come to like in an IPA. It was there, but it was overpowered by the bitterness. A good IPA, but there are others I like better.

Comments

I will try The Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, but the 120 Minute IPA scares me.

Rating










2 comments:

  1. I've had this many, many times. I've also had the 90 minute and the 120. The 60 minute is my favorite of the 3. One thing I noticed you didn't state was the almost coffee/chocolate overtones with this beer. I don't notice them as much unless I try this beer after another IPA. I'll be picking up a keg of this before the summer is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I'm impressed by a guy that buys his beer by the keg.

    ReplyDelete