Saturday, January 5, 2013


































!















NoDa Brewing Company
Hop Drop 'n Roll IPA
Charlotte, NC
12/2/2012, on tap (growler), 7.2 abv

Smell

Smell is fresh & fruity with citrus hops & tropical fruits. Very aromatic.

Appearance

Slightly hazy orange with a nice, white head.

Taste

Taste starts out sweet & citrussy, piney and sticky but finishes with the hop bitterness that makes IPAs my favorite style. Very nicely balanced. To date, the best North Carolina IPA I"ve had.*

*This is the only one I've had.

Comments

My first growler...how exciting! This well traveled growler from Linda & Bob via Jeff & MacKenzie originated in Charlotte, NC. Unfortunatley, it did not last long as it was opened after a rather trying 2 weeks.
Maryland has just begun to allow growlers as they slowly try to change their archaic liquor laws. Only a few bars in my area will fill growlers.

I'm not sure what the name "NoDa"means. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Rating










No comments:

Post a Comment